ARE YOU WATCHING “THE FLASH”?
IF NOT, YOU SHOULD BE:
- Its pilot was the most watched series premiere that’s ever aired on The CW
- Queer representation, including the introduction of an openly-gay villain (portrayed by an openly bisexual actor) and an openly-gay police director on the force
- A FANTASTIC female poc leading lady & equally-as-fantastic poc among the supporting cast
- A DC show that isn’t gritty and dark and full of ridiculous manpain and angst!
- Fans of the comics can look for the easter eggs that are hidden throughout the show…that being said, you do not need to know anything about the comics to enjoy the show (though there’s a little crash course about the universe the CW has created here); it has been repeatedly stated that this show is going in a direction that no Flash comic has gone before
- RottenTomatoes has given it a 96%, (beating out How To Get Away With Murder, which is only at 84%)
- Grant Gustin is a star. No, really. Forget about Glee. You haven’t seen this man act until you’ve watched City of Heroes.